Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
 

Topic: 2023-24 Playoff thread

Post Info
Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12480
Date:
RE: 2023-24 Playoff thread
Permalink  
 

The stat of the night last night was "19x game 7s". I think it was 195 so tonight is 196.

Tonight's stat, Joe Pavelski has played in 11 game 7s. He has played in 5% of all NHL game 7s, ever.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12480
Date:
Permalink  
 
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

O…M…G...

 

THIS close to a BOS own goal with 2.2 seconds left to send TOR to the next round


 It’s the hope that kills you. Toronto scored the first goal. You could see how excited they were and it didn’t last at all.


 that's the greatest thing about it. How they give their fans so much hope every year, then just CRUSH THEM.

 

its glorious. And they never learn.  


 Lol, it kinda feels like: "Is it better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all"

Is it better to be crushed by game #20 or in R1G7?



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12480
Date:
Permalink  
 

This is the TBS schedule for tonight. Since TBBT episode can't actually air at 6:00pm I think it might be a sign. Or a fix.

 

Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 5.36.43 PM.png



Attachments
Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 21795
Date:
Permalink  
 
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

O…M…G...

 

THIS close to a BOS own goal with 2.2 seconds left to send TOR to the next round


 It’s the hope that kills you. Toronto scored the first goal. You could see how excited they were and it didn’t last at all.


 that's the greatest thing about it. How they give their fans so much hope every year, then just CRUSH THEM.

 

its glorious. And they never learn.  



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 21795
Date:
Permalink  
 
tjlincoln wrote:
ShanghaiSenator wrote:

When the dust has cleared

And victory denied

A summit too lofty

River a little too wide....

 

Bye bye Leafs! Woo hoo! My beer is going to taste better than usual tonight!


Sheldon Keefe: "When teams play the Leafs, they set up the game for the Leafs to beat themselves"

That's sort of an indictment on the coaching isn't it?? He does realize he's the coach doesn't he?


 that's a weird thing to say, isn't it. 



Pie Connoisseur
Status: Offline
Posts: 9021
Date:
Permalink  
 

I knew I should have put plastic under the TV to catch the leaf announcer's tears. Now I have to mop the floor.



Confident Fan
Status: Offline
Posts: 18094
Date:
Permalink  
 
Maple Leafs since 2018 in potential series-clinching games

Record 1-11
Goals / Game 2.00
Goals Against / Game 3.17
Power Play 4% (1-for-25)
Penalty Kill 72%
Save Percentage .899


This would be even sweeter if a team we liked had been in the playoffs since then

Confident Fan
Status: Offline
Posts: 18094
Date:
Permalink  
 
ShanghaiSenator wrote:

When the dust has cleared

And victory denied

A summit too lofty

River a little too wide....

 

Bye bye Leafs! Woo hoo! My beer is going to taste better than usual tonight!


Sheldon Keefe: "When teams play the Leafs, they set up the game for the Leafs to beat themselves"

That's sort of an indictment on the coaching isn't it?? He does realize he's the coach doesn't he?



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 905
Date:
Permalink  
 

When the dust has cleared

And victory denied

A summit too lofty

River a little too wide....

 

Bye bye Leafs! Woo hoo! My beer is going to taste better than usual tonight!



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12480
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:

Friday morning...

 

Matthews: Put me in coach, I'm ready to go!

Coach: No

Matthews: C'mon, I can do it!

Coach: {to anyone else}...

 

Dispatch No. 14: Sweep the leg - by Brian Sacawa


 

 

Kronk Emperors New Groove GIF - Kronk Emperors New Groove ...



Confident Fan
Status: Offline
Posts: 18094
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:

O…M…G...

 

THIS close to a BOS own goal with 2.2 seconds left to send TOR to the next round


 It’s the hope that kills you. Toronto scored the first goal. You could see how excited they were and it didn’t last at all.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12480
Date:
Permalink  
 

O…M…G...

 

THIS close to a BOS own goal with 2.2 seconds left to send TOR to the next round



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12480
Date:
Permalink  
 

OMG, it actually happened!!!

Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer AT THE HALFWAY MARK OF THE GAME

I'm  



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12480
Date:
Permalink  
 

Lol, "by NO means is he 100%, but he's playing".

"That's good news for Leafs Nation."

confuse

 

Oh dear god, and Woll is out.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 1412
Date:
Permalink  
 
senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Round 2 starts before Round 1 ends…does this make anyone else feel weird?


 NHL typical.


 Yes... Why are the Las Vegas GN given so much rest time?



Pie Connoisseur
Status: Offline
Posts: 9021
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:

Round 2 starts before Round 1 ends…does this make anyone else feel weird?


 NHL typical.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12480
Date:
Permalink  
 

Round 2 starts before Round 1 ends…does this make anyone else feel weird?



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 21795
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:

Friday morning...

 

Matthews: Put me in coach, I'm ready to go!

Coach: No

Matthews: C'mon, I can do it!

Coach: {to anyone else}...

 

Dispatch No. 14: Sweep the leg - by Brian Sacawa


 Kards mentioined this the other day. You've won 2 elimination games without matthews. do you play him in game 7? how can you not? 



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 905
Date:
Permalink  
 

 

Come on, Bruins! Finish off the Leafs! furious

My Toronto Elimination Day preparations have already been made! 



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12480
Date:
Permalink  
 

Friday morning...

 

Matthews: Put me in coach, I'm ready to go!

Coach: No

Matthews: C'mon, I can do it!

Coach: {to anyone else}...

 

Dispatch No. 14: Sweep the leg - by Brian Sacawa



 
«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.